Thursday, June 27, 2013

Requests Fulfilled: Joseph Joestar from "JoJo's Bizarre Adventure" and Tyrion Lannister from "Game of Thrones"

This week's post is fulfilling requests from friends that were posted in the comments (on Facebook, that is) of my last post.


Joseph Joestar



Most of the choices here should be pretty obvious. Despite how well Joseph here rocks the fabulous knee-highs, I don't think most guys would be comfortable (or look good) wearing them, so I replaced them with a more conservative Doc Marten boot. If I were actually going to put this outfit together - which I probably wouldn't, because I'm not ripped enough - I'd think really hard on whether I should actually wear the fingerless gloves. Wearing them when the weather is warm enough for a muscle shirt might be a bit silly, and they are often the purview of emo middle-schoolers. If you can rock it, go for it. Finally, I couldn't find a yellow and green striped scarf, so I looked into a custom scarf website. I dunno how good they are, but that's what I could turn up.

Also, probably wouldn't do the whole showing-the-midriff thing. It says something about JoJo's Bizarre Adventure that this is the least ridiculous outfit I could turn up.

Tyrion Lannister (AKA: the God of Tits and Wine)



This one took me a while, mostly in trying out different red outerwear. I couldn't find a red leather vest I liked, and though I toyed with the idea of a black and red varsity jacket, I thought that evoked the wrong vibe despite matching the color and pattern. I finally settled on the red fleece vest as the least outlandish and most versatile option.

Everything else is pretty simple. Tyrion pretty much just wears black under his red and gold (a family trait, judging by Tywin from last week). The gold watch is to evoke the famous Lannister gold and to add some more color to the outfit overall, though you could substitute some other gold jewelry. I don't do necklaces for the most part, but a gold necklace would match Tyrion's outfit a little better. Watches are the definite standard for male accessories, though.

That's all for this week. Let me know if you have any suggestions, questions, or requests.

Cheers. 



No comments:

Post a Comment